Moving can often feel like a complete overhaul of your life, so you no doubt want to make sure that the transition runs smoothly and efficiently so you can easily settle in to your new surroundings. By outlining questions that you can ask yourself and others, you can reduce the stress and problem potential of your move, allowing for more time to be spent making your new house your home.
Take some time to sit down and come up with some questions whose answers will help you get organised and help you have a great new start. Below are some questions to start you off, covering the basics of what you should be asking yourself and your removals company.
You’ve most likely already asked yourself some very important questions when making decisions over your new home. Having already signed the agreements, or started the legal paperwork, you now need to ask yourself even more questions so that you can quickly turn your new abode into your home. When gearing up to moving day, ask yourself the following:
- Do I want to do any major renovation work?
- Do I want to carry this out before or after I move?
- Do I know a trusted tradesperson to carry out this work?
- Do I want/need to redecorate as soon as a move?
Have I sorted the following utilities:
- Council Tax
- TV License, etc.
- Have I put a redirect on my mail?
- Do I have enough boxes and packaging for my possessions?
- Do I want to get rid of any of my belongings?
- Are my children enrolled in their new school?
- Do I need to make any special transportation arrangements for my pets?
Ask your Removals Company
Along with asking yourself a set of questions, we understand that you may also want to ask us some questions before and during your use of our removals services. We are more than willing to go over our removals services and processes over the phone or by email, but below are some common questions that we often get asked:
- What time will you arrive on moving day? The time Intransit’s removal teams arrives and delivers your belongings is flexible and can fit around your moving schedule.
- How will you move my precious items? Those who would like more valuable or precious items moved will be pleased to know that we offer special service especially for the moving of pianos, antiques, and precious items that need a little extra care during transport.
- How long do you expect the whole move to take from packing to finishing unloading? We can give an estimate on how long the move will take depending on the distance from one property to another, and the amount of packed boxes and furniture we have to move.
- How much will it cost? As no two moves are the same, we provide quotes that are unique to your circumstances. Receive a quote for your move here or visit our Price Guide to get a rough idea.
We offer a range of removal services and operate from a variety of locations, including Bath removals. If you would like more information about our removals services and how they can help with your move, then why not get in touch with a member of our team? Visit our contact us page for local numbers, or call our central line 01225 759200.