After a big house move you may feel like hibernating for a month to regain strength, but there will be plenty of unpacking and other jobs to do. One of the fun things about moving is getting to explore the new area. Doing this will help you to feel at home more quickly and will help you to get other jobs done along the way.
- Meet the neighbours. It’s well worth getting to know the people living around about you as your paths are bound to cross in the future. They may also have handy tips about where to go to relax, work out, get your hair cut and where the nearest doctor’s surgery is.
- Get registered. Following up on these tips, you may as well sign up with a doctor and dentist as a priority. You never know when you might need to make an appointment.
- Drink coffee. Check out coffee shops in the area and if there’s one that makes you feel really at home, you can make it your local. The same policy applies with pubs, bars and restaurants.
- Buy local goods. You probably already know where the main supermarkets are, but it’s worth visiting the high street or farmer’s market for locally produced meats, breads, cheeses, fruits and vegetables.
- Go to the park. Whether you have children or not, spending time at the park can be really relaxing. Take some bread to feed the ducks or a good book to disappear into and take some time away from unpacking boxes.
- Use public transport. Find out if there is a train station nearby and how often the buses run. Getting around can be an adventure in itself, especially if you have children.
- Get involved. Joining a community, church or parenting group can really help you make friends and settle into your new community. If you come into contact with people at the same life-stage as you, they may have tips about local schools, hidden attractions and special deals that have eluded you so far.
If you’re currently planning a house move, you may feel as though you have a lot of work to do before you can start exploring, but Intransit Removals will make the process much simpler. We are a removal company in Corsham and we can provide packaging items, help you pack your belongings, move them from place to place and help you get unpacked at the other end. If you have too many belongings for your new home, we can keep some in storage for you. We can even handle international moves if you’re planning to move abroad. Our service is extremely safe, professional and affordable, so if you’re planning a house move, contact Intransit today. You can call us on 01225 759200 or fill in a contact form and we will get back to you.